Q: Window makes popping sound after window motor is replaced

After replacing the driver’s side window motor, it is making a slight popping noise everytime I open it or close it. It didn’t make this sound before I replaced it, so I’m wondering what I did wrong in the installation. I installed a rebuilt A1 Cardone window motor when replacing the old one. Are there any adjustments that I need to make that will stop the popping sound?

A: Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 199...

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 1996 Nissan 240SX. It sounds to me like the door panel most likely will be out of place and getting caught up on something which is causing the popping sound. Check the position of the door panel again and ensure that it is in the proper position and able to swing back and forth freely without getting hung up on areas that it shouldn't. If you need help having this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the window sound and let you know what adjustments or repairs should be made.