Q: Win I lock it in firewall drive the front end pops like crazy on the right hand and it pull on that side to what could it be

Will I lock it in four wheel drive the front end pops like crazy on the right hand side and that sides not pulling like that side ant lock in or I was thanking it mite be limited slip truck might be in a bind what could be making it pop

I won’t be able to know exactly what is wrong with your four wheel drive system without access to your vehicle. However, I can give some advice about how to proceed though.

It certainly sounds like something has broken in the front drive train. How you go about figuring it out is the real challenge. Your front differential should be a locking style, not limited slip. Your front wheels will always turn at the same speed when 4wd drive is engaged. When there is a problem such as this, I usually follow the noise I’m sure sounds horrible. This will lead you to the point of failure. It could be in the front differential or a front CV axle may have broken. The axle inserts into the front differential via splines and it does the same at the wheel hub. One of these points has likely broken or stripped the splines.

The best thing to do is get all four wheels off the ground and put the vehicle in drive. This presents an obvious safety hazard. If your not accustomed to doing things such as this, I highly recommend you have a mechanic look into this further for you. If you feel you have the skills to proceed, safely suspend all four wheels off the ground and put it in drive while bringing the speedometer up to around 25 miles per hour. Again, this can be very dangerous. Make sure the car is firmly suspended on the appropriate weight range floor stands. I can’t stress this enough.

Once the wheels are spinning, hopefully the problem will be present and you can find where the noise is coming from. Also, if the right front wheel isn’t spinning at all, you can look underneath and see where the spinning stops. The one draw back with this technique, is without a load on the drive train, the problem may not be present in this situation. If this is the case, with the vehicle in drive and the motor off, it will be necessary to hand spin wheels to see if you can identify where the problem is. Of course you are looking for the spot where the drive axles stop spinning or makes a lot of noise.

This sort of problem can be difficult to figure out. Often times disassembly and inspection of the suspected problem area is necessary. It is particularly important to follow the noise. This is one type of diagnosis that experience definitely pays dividends. Based on your description, you will need to do some disassembly and inspection. If you feel like this job is too overwhelming, have a certified technician inspect and pinpoint the source of the sound for you so that the proper repair can be made.

Good luck, I hope I have helped you.

3. Win I lock it in firewall drive the front end pops like crazy on the right hand and it pull on that side to what could it be