Q: Will sl1 motor work in sl2?

Will a 1996 Saturn sl1 motor wire up and work in a 1996 Saturn sl2 without major changes?

As with any motor swap, if you are not using the exact engine from an exact vehicle you may run into wiring and sensors that will be different. My only suggestion is to compare both engines side by side to see if they are identical. If you do not see any difference then you may get lucky and be able to swap them. When looking at wiring diagrams, they look the same but this does not mean they do not have the same connectors.

3. Will sl1 motor work in sl2?