Q: Will pulling my ac fuse allow my seized up compressor spin freely?

My ac compressor froze up It is connected to my serpentine belt it is causing the belt to chirp loudly and overheat the belt (it was smoking) I need the car to run a few more days to get to work and back until I can take it to a shop. Is there anything I can do to bypass this system or disable it to spin freely?

Hi There, Unfortunately, pulling the fuse will not disengage the AC compressor from turning as it tuns in line with the serpentine belt. This is often times a common cause of engines overheating due to the additional strain put on the motor to turn a bad AC compressor. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to determine what steps to take and get you back on the road as soon as possible.

3. Will pulling my ac fuse allow my seized up compressor spin freely?