Q: Will not stay started once jumper cables are removed. Loses power while driving

car lose power while driving. Lights dimmed. Made it home, removed keys,dimmed headlights, radio still on. Would not restart without jump. Immediately after removing cable goes dead. Battery is charged. Alternator one year old.

A: If you can keep the engine running when the...

If you can keep the engine running when the jumper cable is connected, and it stalls as soon as the jumper is removed, this means the battery is bad or its connections are bad on the clamps and the alternator is not charging. It would stay running if the alternator was charging. Make sure all the main fuses are good. They can get blown if jumped backwards. If you want to have this looked at, a technician from YourMechanic can inspect your starting issue and let you know what needs repair.