Q: will not start, while trying to start car will not turn over

While I was driving my Ford the engine just stopped running. My dad came to help me and charged my battery with his car for 2 minutes. I replaced the alternator and it still won't start. I also replaced my starter coil and distributor cap - still won't start. The battery has a fresh charge so there is no reason for it not to work. I tried starting it again and it cranks but won't turn over. Gas squirted out of the fuel line to the fuel injectors, so I know it isn't a fuel related problem. The next time I tried starting it up it almost turned over. What could be wrong?

3. will not start, while trying to start car will not turn over