Q: will not start, while trying to start car will not turn over

While I was driving my Ford the engine just stopped running. My dad came to help me and charged my battery with his car for 2 minutes. I replaced the alternator and it still won't start. I also replaced my starter coil and distributor cap - still won't start. The battery has a fresh charge so there is no reason for it not to work. I tried starting it again and it cranks but won't turn over. Gas squirted out of the fuel line to the fuel injectors, so I know it isn't a fuel related problem. The next time I tried starting it up it almost turned over. What could be wrong?

Quite a few faults can cause the car to stop running like this. The most likely is the battery, fuel pump, MAF sensor, or a wiring issue. Though gas is squirted out, the vehicle may lack enough fuel pressure to run or start normally. The same can be said for the battery - a qualified technician will load test the battery to make sure it has the capacity to start the vehicle. The professionals at YourMechanic are always willing to help with any service needs you may have.