Q: Will not start most of the time

I have a huge problem. I love in a country where there are no VW dealerships. It's very small island. Anyway, my car will only start about 20% of the time. When it does start it does not stay running. Sometimes it shuts off right away and other times could be an hour. I did replace the radio not sure if that matters. Only other problem is that cylinder two is missing. Fuel delivery is strong so I eliminated that problem. When it does not start there is no spark to any of the plugs. All plugs and could are new.

Hi there. Isolating the intermittent no start, to having no spark at the time of failure would lead me to believe it may have a faulty ignition relay or a faulty CKP (crankshaft position) sensor. Assuming, the check engine light is already on for the #2 cylinder misfire leads me to believe the ECM (engine control module)/computer may be recognizing the no start condition. Accessing the ECM for trouble codes may help direct the diagnoses. Proper diagnoses should be performed to avoid unnecessary repairs. I recommend your vehicle’s intermittent no start be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.