Q: Will not start, all it does is click once. I believe it may be a bad starter. How much would a repair cost?

Over the past few days my buick has not started a couple times but ended up starting, tonight it didn't start at all, all it does is click. I believe it to be a bad starter.

Hello. This is a common issue related to the starter relay. This is a small switch on the starter that directs power from the battery to the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, it typically produces a clicking sound as you describe. An expert from YourMechanic can diagnose the starting problem and replace the starter or starter relay as necessary.

• Will not start, all it does is click once. I believe it may be a bad starter. How much would a repair cost?