Q: Will not start, all it does is click once. I believe it may be a bad starter. How much would a repair cost?

Over the past few days my buick has not started a couple times but ended up starting, tonight it didn't start at all, all it does is click. I believe it to be a bad starter.

Hello. This is a common issue related to the starter relay. This is a small switch on the starter that directs power from the battery to the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, it typically produces a clicking sound as you describe. An expert from YourMechanic can diagnose the starting problem and replace the starter or starter relay as necessary.

3. Will not start, all it does is click once. I believe it may be a bad starter. How much would a repair cost?