Q: will not shift out of first gear unless car is warmed up for 20 min and or reaches 3000 rpm

will not shift out of first gear unless car is warmed up for 20 min and or reaches 3000 rpm

Several things can be causing this situation. Low or poor transmission fluid condition can contribute to this, particularly if the transmission has never been serviced or it has been some time since it has been. Also, the transmission can have some internal issues. A shift solenoid can be sticking and not allowing proper fluid pressure as can the valve body. The valve body has many passages of different length and diameter. This controls the fluid pressure to each gear set for proper up and down shifting.

A certified technician can look into the improper shifting and make recommendations based on the findings.

3. will not shift out of first gear unless car is warmed up for 20 min and or reaches 3000 rpm