Q: Will not go into park. 1993 Ford F250

My truck won't go into park but it will go into all the other gears. The gear shifter is all the way up into park I believe but it's really in reverse. I replaced the steering column tube but it wasn't the problem. The gear shifter had a little play in it, I don't know if that could be a problem.

Hi - yes, you are correct - the "play" in the shift linkage is probably preventing the transmission lever from moving all the way to the "Park" position. I would recommend a shift linkage inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose what part of the linkage needs replacement, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Will not go into park. 1993 Ford F250