Q: Will not crank

Checked the fuel pump, it's working fine. It quit on me going down the road. Lost power and wouldn't start back up. Need some ideas on what to check for or what could be wrong

Hi, thanks for writing in. It sounds like your alternator may have failed. If your vehicle died on the highway and will not even crank the starter now, it is likely that your battery is fully discharged. The only way for the battery to become fully discharged while driving the vehicle is if the alternator is not charging the battery. I would recommend having your battery recharged and your alternator tested for proper function. If the alternator fails the functionality test, I would recommend having it replaced by one of our qualified mechanics.

3. Will not crank