Q: Hesitation when accelerating

I recently replaced my transmission with a used transmission with about 172k miles on it and had no issues until tonight coming home from work. As I started up A steep hill my truck would not accelerate past 30MPH and seemed to bog down every time I put the gas pedal to the floor and there is no check engine light. Problem continues even on level ground... What could the problem be????

There are a number of things that may cause the car to hesitate when accelerating such as low fuel pressure, a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor, clogged or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially a bad fuel pump. It is unusual, however that what you are describing does not set off the check engine light since the majority of things that would normally cause this kind of bogging down would be derived from components that would set the check engine light off when failing. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.