Q: Will my transmission swap work?

I have a 96 f250 with a 7.5 460 in it and the 5 speed manual transmission went out of it but I have a 88 f250 with the same engine and a 5 speed manual also. will the transmission out of the 88 fit the 96? Thanks

The 1988 F250 had a S5-42 manual transmission and the 1996 had a S5-47 transmission. The two transmissions are different models and may have different gearing inside. The difference may also be one that is from a 2-wheel drive, and another from a 4-wheel drive or a different tail shaft length. My best guess would be that any differences between the two transmissions will make it very difficult to make this transmission swap.

3. Will my transmission swap work?