Q: Will my transmission be ok after driving without differential oil?

I just got differential oil put in my car today, I've been driving w/this clicking noise for a few months now, will my car be okay now or should I be concerned?

Anytime you run a component without the proper lubrication, you run the risk of damaging the component. Once you install the correct amount of lubricant and drive it, you will find out in short order if running it without lube damaged it. If you run a motor or gear case without oil it will damage the bearings first since they take all the pressure when component is in operation. If you did not run the differential completely dry, you may get lucky and not need major repairs.