Q: Will my car make it?

We are planning a trip to Phoenix Arizona which from where we live is a 5 hour and 51 minute trip, 406 miles away. Will my '99 Chevrolet Cavalier (273027 milage) make it there and back or is a rental better? We got a new battery in 2014 and we have had to change the gas pump just last year, about two months ago. It runs smooth and it only starts getting shaky when I go 85 miles per hour. The heating and cooling system work just fine and the gas and brake work perfectly.

Hi there. If your vehicle is operating fine, then the vehicle should make the trip just fine. For the vehicle vibrating at very high speeds, then there could be an unbalanced tire or the CV Shafts could be worn and shake a excessive rotational speeds. If you are worried about the shaking and if it only occurs at around 85 mph, then consider driving under that speed and the vehicle will be fine. If you are planning on driving fast, then I recommend having your tires check for balance and make sure that the CV Boots are not broken. If you need further assistance with your vehicle shaking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Will my car make it?