Q: Will I need to change my brake fluid?

Someone drove my car for a short distance and left the hand brake on. They drove about 0.3 miles and at a speed of less than 30 mph. Should I get this checked out?

A: Hello. Your emergency brake is not dependen...

Hello. Your emergency brake is not dependent upon using brake fluid as your normal front and rear stopping brakes are. The emergency brake is typically a brake drum with a cable. The damage may not be too bad given the short distance, however you may want to have an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to perform a brake inspection to be sure it is functioning properly after this.