Q: Will I need to change my brake fluid?

Someone drove my car for a short distance and left the hand brake on. They drove about 0.3 miles and at a speed of less than 30 mph. Should I get this checked out?

Hello. Your emergency brake is not dependent upon using brake fluid as your normal front and rear stopping brakes are. The emergency brake is typically a brake drum with a cable. The damage may not be too bad given the short distance, however you may want to have an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to perform a brake inspection to be sure it is functioning properly after this.

3. Will I need to change my brake fluid?