Q: Will front suspension parts (other than hubs) from a 6 lug k2500 work in an 8 lug k2500?

I need new front suspension parts for my truck. It has 8 lugs on the wheels, and I see that the kits online are specific to the number of lugs. Is this just because of the hubs? Will the tie rods, ball joints, idler arm and pitman arm from a 6 lug kit work on an 8 lug truck? I only ask because the difference in price is pretty big.

Hello. The difference in the lugs is bases on the weight or tonnage of the truck. The suspension is built based on this. If you truck is an 8 lug then you should only use the parts that are made for the eight lug. The 8 lug is based on a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck while the 6 lug is based on a half ton truck. The parts will not usually fit, and if for some reason that they do they will not be able to safely handle the load of the vehicle. If you need help finding any specific parts, you could try using our estimator page to find quotes for relevant services.

• Will front suspension parts (other than hubs) from a 6 lug k2500 work in an 8 lug k2500?