Q: Will any of the auto discount stores check the fuel cap? I am getting a P0440 code & have replaced the vent & purge solenoids

I am getting a P0440 code & am needing to know if any of the discount auto parts stores will do a free fuel cap inspection? I have replaced both the purge and the vent solenoids. All vac tubes have been replaced as well.

Auto part stores will not have the proper equipment to check the fuel cap. Your best bet is to find a local repair shop that does state inspections. Checking the gas cap is part of a state inspection and they will have the proper equipment to check it. Will they charge you to do it ? I really can’t say, but since it’s such a simple task, maybe one will do it n/c for you.

• Will any of the auto discount stores check the fuel cap? I am getting a P0440 code & have replaced the vent & purge solenoids