Q: Will a oil relief valve fix itself after activating on oil change?

Was told oil relief valve in vehicle might be open after noise from car after oil change,will it shut on its own or does it need replacement

Hello - usually engine vibration will release a stuck oil pressure relief valve stuck in the "open" position. Sometimes tapping the engine block area with a small hammer will allow the spring-loaded piston to release from it’s stuck position. In a "worst case scenario", a mechanic can remove the access plug, physically extract the spring and free the piston from the stuck position. I would pursue this with the oil change folks, then my own mechanic if I trust them. For a trusted 2nd opinion, I recommend an engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.