Q: Will a map sinser affect the transmission?

My transmission is stuck in 3rd gear and both speed sinser the input and output has both been changed twice now. Because I thought the first ones might be bad. Check engine light still says speed sinsers. What else could it be someone told me to Change the map sinser. Could that be it. Im lost here.

Hey there. You have vehicle speed sensors at the wheels and the engine and transmission also have speed sensors. You did not specify the actual code that you received. This code will help in the diagnosis of the Check Engine Light. Have a mechanic scan and diagnose the codes stored in the computer memory. You may have two separate problems. You may have a transmission stuck in gear and an ABS wheel sensor code. I recommend having a qualified professional diagnose the Check Engine light and inspect your transmission in order to have this corrected properly.