Q: Coil pack

Will bad coil pacts make this car not start and act like a car needs a starter.then replaced battery alternator and spark plugs

Hello, A coil pack will generally start to fail intermittently causing a loss of spark for brief periods of time which will of course cause the car not to start. In some cases the loss of spark may happen also randomly while driving resulting in the car dying on the road. As ignition coils age, the insulation surrounding the copper coil wire begins to erode resulting in the coil wire shorting out when it is exposed. The insulation develops small fractures that open when heated and close when cooled. When open, they allow shorting of coil windings and decrease or eliminate the coil’s ability to function. Every time the motor is started, this generates heat which causes this process to repeat itself. When you shut the engine off, this allows them to cool down, which then allows them to function properly again. This process tends to repeat itself until the coil fails completely. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your car.