Q: Will a 90 chevy lumina alternator work for a 89 chevy c1500?

Just wondering

The part numbers do not match each other and the Lumina and C1500 have different engines and mounting locations for the alternator. Even if they look exactly the same, the output will be different and I would not recommend using it. A re-manufactured replacement from a parts store should not cost that much. If you want a used one then you can go to a junk yard. Your best bet would be to contact a professional technician, such as the ones available at YourMechanic, to replace your alternator. They will provide a high quality new or rebuilt replacement alternator for less than you would find at a dealership or a parts store, and their parts and labor are warrantied for 12 months or 12,000 miles.