Q: Wife stopped to get gas, started car, had whining noise, got home, I went out and put it in drive, heard huge clunk in all gears

Is it maybe the throttle position sensor?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. Though this c...

Hello, thanks for writing in. Though this can be a transmission failure, the most common problem is a bad transfer case if it is all wheel drive. Ford has had a ton of issues with these. If it is not all wheel drive then it more than likely has an internal transmission failure. Both of these issues would be best diagnosed by a transmission specialist. Hope this helps and best of luck to you!