Q: Why wouldn't my car have any power when pressing on the gas pedal?

When I press on the gas the car has no power at all but it still revs. The day before I spent all day trying to jump start or just trying to start it and pumped the gas a few times to help. What is causing it to have no power tho? My car has an automatic transmission.

Hi there. It is very difficult to tell you for sure, what is causing this issue without being there to inspect the vehicle. If you are able to start the car and when you press the accelerator the engine revs up, then the problem is most likely due to a transmission issue. In some cases, it will be a minor problem, like a shift sensor or gear linkage that is bent. In other cases, it will be an internal transmission problem. The best way to determine exactly what is causing this problem is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection.

3. Why wouldn't my car have any power when pressing on the gas pedal?