Q: My 89 Nissan will not crank, My starter is OK

It will not crank over and if u put the battery in all light turn on even if the keys out

A: Before you put a lot of time into this, you...

Before you put a lot of time into this, you need to make sure the engine is not locked up. Get a wrench on the front of the crankshaft and turn the engine through at least two revolutions. It will be hard to turn, but you should be able to turn it without straining yourself. If the engine doesn't turn at all, or turns a little then stops, you have a mechanical problem in the engine that needs to be looked into. If the engine turns, then you can diagnose the cranking issue. If I understand correctly, you are saying that the warning lights on the instrument panel are coming on even thought the key is off. That immediately makes me think you have a problem with the ignition switch, but there are some other things that could cause that as well. Try disconnecting the big plug on the back of the alternator and see if the lights go out. If they do, then you have a short in the alternator. As for diagnosing the cranking issue, on that vehicle, it's not too hard to access the starter, so you can hook a remote starter button up to the solenoid and see if you can activate the starter from there. That will verify that your starter is indeed working. From that point you can test for voltage from the ignition switch and work your way back to the problem from there. If this sounds like more trouble than you want to put yourself through, contact Your Mechanic. They will send a qualified technician to your home or office to diagnose your car where it sits and let you know what it's going to take to fix it.