Q: Why would my 01 chevy silverado make a loud poping noise when i put it in drive? It has the right amount of transmission fluid in

Why would my 01 chevy silverado make a loud poping noise when i put it in drive? It has the right amount of transmission fluid in it.

That sort of noise is usually due to a bad u-joint in the driveline (if you have the 4WD version), bad CV joints (often outer) and/or excess play in the transmission (end play) or differential (front or rear). If the fault is in a u-joint or CV joint, such can often be detected on visual exam and with simple tests. Excess backlash and end play in the transmission and differential can be detected by a combination of measurement, sound (wireless chassis ears), and the process of elimination. If you desire that the origin of the sound be conclusively determined, please simply request a transmission noise diagnostic. Once the diagnostic is complete, the mechanic will advise you as to repair strategy and cost.

• Why would my 01 chevy silverado make a loud poping noise when i put it in drive? It has the right amount of transmission fluid in