Q: Why wont the fan start? Smoking near fan, cooling fan new but wont start.engine over heats.

I wanna kno wats makes the fan start.

Hello. The fan switch is on the thermostat housing. The switch operates the relay box that is near the radiator. Also under the battery on the frame, there is a fan resistor that may potentially be bad. If you need to have this looked at in person, a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, can diagnose overheating problem and assist with repairs.

• Why wont the fan start? Smoking near fan, cooling fan new but wont start.engine over heats.