Q: Why won't my Jeep run? It will crank up but won't run.

My uncle had put tin foil in one of the ports of the computer in my 1998 Jeep grand Cherokee thinking it would fix a "loose connection, it didnt work, well I got a new computer , put it in, but now it will crank but won't start, what could be the problem?

Did the old computer fry from the tin foil and you bought a brand new unit to fix the problem? Many of these computers must be programmed before installing if they are brand new, and this must be done at the dealer for the best results. If all of that was done or you used a used unit, you may be able to hook up a scan tool to retrieve any trouble codes that may be stored.

This will often shed some light on the problem if there is a failed sensor or lack of communication somewhere. Jumping the circuits may have caused damage somewhere else as well. Consider taking the vehicle to your local dealer as the best repair option as they will have access to factory parts. If you need further assistance, then I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to check for any electrical problems.