Q: WHY WON'T MY 2000 SUBURU FORESTER L START, AND WHY IS THE GEAR SHIFTER LOCKED IN PARK?

I and others have gone over the manual and watched many YOUTUBE videos to try and get my car started, but no luck. I may be forced to have it towed to a shop. I dont want to be cheated for a MINOR issue. I was on a slight incline at White Castle when I put the car in park and took my foot off the break. It continued to roll forward a bit. Then I put my foot on the break to make sure it was in PARK securely, and then it started rolling slowly backwards. I then put on the emergency brake. Afterwards, I was not able to start my car nor get it out of gear. I have full power, but it won't start. I tried doing an over-ride like the manual stated,. I even did the screwdriver method to push the button in the shifter console to get it out of park. My grandson just tried it, and the shifter will now move, but we still can't figure how to get it started. Look, I am a 62 year old GOOD-LOOKIN 'G-MA'..but with no $. PLEASE help me avoid being ripped-off...BLESS YOU!

3. WHY WON'T MY 2000 SUBURU FORESTER L START, AND WHY IS THE GEAR SHIFTER LOCKED IN PARK?