Q: Why we are not getting electricity current from the fuel pump to inertia switch

Why we are not getting electricity current from the fuel pump to inertia switch

A: The inertia switch gets power from the fuel...

The inertia switch gets power from the fuel pump relay on the inner fender under a black cover. The relay sends power to the inertia switch and then to the fuel pump to run it. If you are not getting power to the inertia then this relay is the most common problem. Sometimes the relay falls down and fills up with water and gets corroded inside. Make sure to replace the relay and secure it right side up. If you'd like, a YourMechanic certified technician can come to your location to perform a Fuel Pump Relay Replacement on your vehicle.