Q: why want my car run

I replaced my battery and alternator and my something is still draining my battery. Both tested good. Battery has great voltage. Something is still draining battery.

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several reasons why you may be having these issues. They are commonly known as a "parasitic draw". Any electrical component in the vehicle can be responsible. The most likely culprits are aftermarket alarm or radio systems. Make sure no electronics are plugged in. If the vehicle is original, then you can search for an obvious sign or perform a draw test. You will need an ohmmeter to perform this test at home. If you get a reading that is outside of specification then you do have a draw on the battery, and you need to locate it. This can be done by pulling fuses until that high amperage reading on the ohmmeter drops into normal range. For help with this type of electrical problem contact our service department.

3. why want my car run