Q: Why my key won't turn in my ignition?

Key will go in the ignition in the off position but will not turn. Car is in park. When u take the key out I can't here the click that I used to hear not sure what's going on...never had any problems before this..help

A: Hello. The symptoms you are having with you...

Hello. The symptoms you are having with your ignition cylinder may be attributed to several faults. Make sure the steering wheel is not locked by rotating it both directions and making sure it will move. Afterwards, the first and easiest check to make is that your main key is not damaged or bent. Even small damages can keep the cylinder from reading the key. If you have a spare, you may want to try starting it with a second key. A neutral safety switch will also cause issues. Attempt to switch the vehicle into neutral and try starting the car again. If it works, the neutral safety switch has failed and needs to be replaced. The noise you are looking for that is not there is a sign that something mechanical has gone wrong with the ignition cylinder. You made need to replace the cylinder all together. Try to [test]https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/ignition-key-does-not-turn-inspection) and eliminate the easier options first and make sure you do in fact have to change the entire ignition cylinder.