Q: Why isn't my rear defrost switch working.

My rear defrost switch does not work.I push it and the light doesn't come on and the rear defrost doesn't come on either.I've checked fuses and relays but and even tried a different heat/ac control module and it doesn't light up or work on that one either.I am lost on what to check next.

Hi there. The most common issue with a rear defroster is physical damage to the heating grid running through the rear window. Damage can be caused by objects rubbing across the glass, which can break some of the grid wires. If the grid is damaged, it opens the circuit. The defroster will not function from the point of the break forward. This will disable the switch and render the system faulty. The best way to diagnose this issue correctly however, is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a defroster is not working inspection.

3. Why isn't my rear defrost switch working.