Q: Why is my vehicle turning off when i drive it or when i first try turn it on in the mornings it turns off itself

When I first turn it on in the mornings it turns off on its own after a few times that i started when it finally stays on it is having trouble staying on the RPM is going up and down the whole time and then after a while it turns off or when i drive it in the streets it turns off. What could it be ?

A: Hello there. There could be multiple mechan...

Hello there. There could be multiple mechanical components or sensors that might be faulty that cause this issue on your Expedition. Initially, you should have a professional mechanic download any existing error codes and inspect a few possible components including the O2, crank sensor, mass air flow sensor or the idle air control actuator. It might be a good idea for you to contact one of our local professional mechanics to complete an engine shuts off while driving inspection; which will allow them to pinpoint the source of your engine shutting off problems.