Q: Why is my expedition swaying under intial braking

During intial braking my truck will sway side to side and level out. Almost feels lie it pulls more right. It will come back to straight once the intial load shift is done. Last year I replaced rear struts, rear sway bar links, driver side lower ball joint on rear. This week end I greased all caliper slider pins and inspected rotors for damage and pads. All brake parts look good no damage and 60% pad left. All front ball joints, sway bar links, and tie rods feel tight and look fairly new. No boots cracked, missing, or otherwise damaged. I can shake, pull, twist on the wheel all around and they are tight. What could be my issue? I ordered new front struts today. Could this be my issue?

It sounds more like you are having problems with one of the lower or upper control arm bushings allowing the wheel to shift to the rear when braking. If it is pulling more right, then the problem is in the right front or right rear. Check the bushings on the right front wheel as this is going to be the most likely wheel causing the problem. With the vehicle parked, you may be able to roll the wheel forward and backward to see the loose control arm bushings. If the problem persists and you want to have this verified, a technician from YourMechanic can take a inspect your steering, brakes, and suspension to pinpoint the faulty component and make the correct repair.