Q: Why is my car hard to start

Ok so i have a 08 avalon and recently ive had trouble starting the car. When i go try to start it everything turns on lights ac and radio but it doesnt fire up. And somethimes it will act like it will start but doesnt. But the second time i try to start it it fires right up. Ive replaced the battery the alternator is good the starter is passing and my mechanic doesnt think anything of it cuase theres no engine light no codes nothing just hard to start. So if anyone knows anything plz help

It sounds like your vehicle is losing residual fuel pressure. This occurs when the check valve to prevent back flow in the fuel pump weakens or starts to leak fuel back into the tank. The valve is supposed to maintain an optimal amount of pressure to aid in starting the engine during a cold start. During my tenure at the Toyota and Lexus dealerships, I would attach a fuel pressure gauge, start the engine and confirm proper fuel pressure, then shut off the engine and let it sit overnight. I would check the residual pressure in the morning and cross reference it with the repair manual specifications and determine if the check valve was faulty. If the pressure dropped too low, then the vehicle was hard to start until the pressure built back up in the line; no codes will be stored. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform and inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car is hard to start inspection.