Q: Why is my car acting like this?

My car has an issue where it shakes and almost stalls off when idling. This only happens when it has multiple startups and stops in a row. For instance going shopping...I can go to 3 or 4 different stores and shut it off and start it with no problems! But after that I start getting problems as soon as I start it! I start it and right away it seems as if it's not getting enough gas or something...it shakes like an earthquake and just about stalls! But usually after 30 seconds it's all gone! All my gauges read fine, (and it's a stalk v6 Mustang no modifications) ..I just changed oil in it...and this is nothing new it has been happening for quite a while! Any advice? Could it be my gas filter? Or alternator? Everything looks and sounds perfect. So I don't have any idea what it is! Is there a fuel cleaner I should put in the gas maybe? If you could help me out that'd be great! Thanks for your time!

Hi There, Shaking or vibration may be caused by many different things such as faulty spark plugs, poor fuel pressure or misfires. Other things such as a faulty idle air control valve may cause the engine idle to drop below the normal idling RPM which may also cause the motor to shake or vibrate more than normal. This creates a loss of power that resonates throughout the motor additionally causing other problems with ignition and fuel timing. Anytime a misfire is caused, this causes an imbalance in the motor which will cause the motor to shake or vibrate. The other issue that may cause this type of shaking or vibration is a broken engine mount. Engine mounts are generally rubber mounted braces that hold the engine in place to the chassis of the car. When these break or become weak or faulty, this may cause the engine to vibrate heavily. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Why is my car acting like this?