Q: Why is my brake warning light on sometimes?

My brake warning light comes on every now and then while driving and also after it sits in park for about a minute or two. I'd say that 75% of the time driving, the light is off though. The brake fluid is full, didn't have to add any either. Seems like it goes off most of the time when I have to take a sharp corner or sitting at a stop light/sign or hit a bump (doesn't matter what size bump).

A: Hello. A brake warning light can come on fo...

Hello. A brake warning light can come on for many reasons. If it is coming on and off intermittently, then it may be possible that the issue is electrical in nature. The brake switch is wired to both the fluid level sensor, as well as the parking brake sensor. If there is an issue with either of the sensors, or with the wiring that goes to them they may cause the brake light to come on. As the issue only appears to occur when during sudden or sharp movements it may be possible that the issue is due to a loose wire or connector. I would carefully inspect the wiring to the fluid level and parking brake sensors for any damage or wear. If the wiring checks out I would move on to looking at the sensors themselves. If you would like an expert to come take a look at this in person, a certified pro from YourMechanic can diagnose the brake light and follow through with repairs.