Q: Why don't my signal lights work? - 1996 Toyota 4Runner

So yeah, I just bought this 96 4runner, but the turn signals don't work. The hazards work fine, the dash lights work when I turn them on, and so does everything on the exterior.

I replaced the flasher, still didn't solve the problem, and I feel like the fuses are probably fine considering the lights turn on when the hazards are activated.

The issue is likely related to the switch. You will need to trace the power supply from the source to the switch and on to the bulbs. This will include the flasher. The best way to trace the power supply is with a voltmeter and a wiring diagram. The goal is to trace the available power supply from the fuse box on to the switch and flasher and onto the bulbs.

With the turn signal on, you should have available voltage all the way to the bulbs. Keep in mind, after the flasher the voltage will alternate on and off. When you find the component that has failed, you will no longer have available voltage after that component. If you are not comfortable with the procedures of using a voltmeter, I suggest you have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the turn signal lights for you.

3. Why don't my signal lights work? - 1996 Toyota 4Runner