Q: Why doesnt my brakes work?

So i had my parking break on and i was driving down the high way for about 10 miles. I found out that my parking break was on when i was about to go on an exit and my car breaks were not working. I pushed on the breaks til it hit the floor. Sometimes it would work when i pumped it a few times. But other than that it doesnt work. When i parked i smelled something burning. Most limely the break pads. Does this sound servere and how do i get this fixed

Hi there. Driving at highway speeds with the parking brake on most likely overheated the rear brakes, damaging the wheel cylinders, and possibly boiled the brake pedal. That burning smell was from the brake shoes. There is also most likely damage to the brake drums and hardware. The condition of the wheel cylinders will be not be known until a proper inspection has been performed to check the seals for leaks. The brake fluid will need to be checked and determined if it will need to be replaced. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist with a brake pedal has to be pumped to work inspection.