Q: Why doesn't my transmission shift into second gear?

When i set out earlier my truck only picked up to 20 mph and the rpm reved all the way up 4000 and it wouldnt shift into second like it only ran on first i dropped my shifter to low it still didnt do anything so i put on 2 and it still do anything i put back on drive and it just stayed at 20 mph no gear shifting and the rpm reving up to 4000 rpm

Hi there. A car that will not shift from low to a higher gear is caused either by a damaged shift solenoid, low transmission fluid or internal damage inside the transmission. It would be best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a not able to change gears inspection to correctly diagnose this problem and recommend the right repairs.

3. Why doesn't my transmission shift into second gear?