Q: Why does this site say it costs $2000 to replace a cv joint boot on the front passenger axle of my 2008 c300?

I have a grinding front cv axle boot. Is this really a $2000 repair?

Hi...if there is a grinding noise from the joint/CV axle, or any noise for that matter from the joint, typically the entire axle is replaced. Replacing a torn boot is only acceptable if the joint is still serviceable which will only be the case if you have caught a torn boot early enough and the grease has not leaked out as the joint is infiltrated with water and dirt. A new CV axle for this vehicle appears to be available from Mercedes Benz although there have been some part number changes. As far as the cost, Customer Service will contact you with an authoritative quote. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Why does this site say it costs $2000 to replace a cv joint boot on the front passenger axle of my 2008 c300?