Q: why does the power steering system go out within hours of being reset

Almost a year ago my steering locked up after research I found there was a recall on the power steering ; last week it went out again this time they reset it or replaced it I do not know and said I need all 4 control arms replaced, I could not afford their prices. I drove my car home the next morning the steering was out again.?? If the recall was replaced why is it dead so fast? and if not replaced what's the point in the recall? what can I do and where can I take my car to be fixed besides Ford?

3. why does the power steering system go out within hours of being reset