Q: Why does my clutch pedal sink to the floor and dosent come back up?

i just got finished changing my clutch when i went to push my clutch pedal and it sunk to the floor so i pumped it various of times. then i put clutch fluid in and i bleed the fluid to let the air out of the system. when i press my clutch my clutch slave cylinder does not move it does not compress! i noticed when i was putting my transmission in my clutch fork and throw out bearing kept falling off is it possible that could be the problem even though i got my transmission on without any problems!

A: Hi - there are 2 main causes for the clutch...

Hi - there are 2 main causes for the clutch going all the way to the floor. First - check that the return spring on the clutch pedal is in place. Second - I see you bled the system - bleed the system again. This is how I would do it - use a short length of hose connected to the bleeder screw, run that hose into a cup half full with recommended fluid...fill the reservoir, then have one person pump the pedal while the other opens the bleeder screw and watches until NO BUBBLES come out (and makes sure the reservoir doesn't run dry). Then close the screw fill the reservoir to the mark, and test her out. If you would consider, YourMechanic can send a certified technician to you and assist you in troubleshooting this clutch issue.