Q: Why does my car keep stalling?

Whenever I drive a long period of time my car stalls. Once I put it in park it will start again. I took it to the shop but they couldn't find what's wrong with it or why it's stalling.

You did not state the engine you have, but I would suspect that you have a problem with the ignition system since the vehicle restarts again after cooling a few minutes. A scan of the computer may show a problem with the ignition module or coil. These two are the most common cause of ignition failures and this is only a place to start. If you want to have this diagnosed by a professional, a technician from YourMechanic can inspect your stalling issue and perform any needed repairs.