Q: Why does my brake warning light go on (for long period of time) and off (also for long period of time) while driving?

Why does my brake warning light go on for long period of time (from starting the car and continuing while driving) and then go off and stay off for long stretch of time while driving. Brakes are working fine. No noticeable leaks. Parking brake not on. Could this warning light be misleading me? Worried if I'll lose brake function all at once while driving. Appreciate your advice.

Hi there. The brake system Warning Light can illuminate for two reasons: First, the parking brake is currently engaged. Second, a component within the the brake system is malfunctioning. If the brake system Warning Light is illuminated, and the parking brake is released, then there is most likely an issue with the brake system, and the vehicle should be inspected as soon as possible. It’s probably a good idea to have a brake warning light inspection completed by a professional mobile mechanic so they can determine what’s causing these issues.

3. Why does my brake warning light go on (for long period of time) and off (also for long period of time) while driving?