Q: Why do some cars have Direct Drive Gear?

What is direct drive gear?

3. Why do some cars have Direct Drive Gear?

Q: Truck stuck in 2nd gear (I believe), won't turn over, can't afford to bring it anywhere. Need help fast

Hi there. What seems to have happen is the shifter inside the transmission has came off the main valve and is making the valve only go into 1st and 2nd. To fix this, drop the transmission oil pan and oil....

Q: Jetta not shifting when cold

If your vehicle is not shifting from 1st to second that may be indicative of a few different problems. I would suggest having the vehicle's shifting issue inspected by a knowledgable technician, such as one from YourMechanic, as the nature...

Q: Gearbox stuck in park

Hello! There are a few things that can cause the gearbox to remain in park. The most common is the brake switch - modern cars require the brake to be pressed in order to change gears. If the brake switch...