Q: Why car cranks but wont start after over heating

Well as i was driving i dindnt notice the bottom coolant hose had fell off till i stoped and seen smoke under my hood and car shuts off ..i filled car back up with proper fluids and noticed milky substance I'm oil ..i changed head gasket myself and still car wont start ..im starting to think catalyst converter ??

Hello, It sounds like you may still have a leak between the cylinder head gasket and the cylinder head allowing coolant to leak into the oil passages and cylinders. A blown head gasket may cause a number of different symptoms. A head gasket that fails between cylinders will generally cause a misfire and potentially compression leaks from one cylinder into another. Low compression will eventually result in a rough idling engine and eventually cause the motor not to start as you have described. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose the symptoms you describe.