Q: Why are the front tires wearing out more quickly around the edges?

I have had the front end aligned but it seems that the front tires are wearing out quickly on the outer edges. What could be the problem?

A: Hi there, This can happen for a few reasons...

Hi there, This can happen for a few reasons such as over inflation of tires, under inflation of tires or out of spec alignment related to the camber of the tire. If the tires are wearing excessively on the outer shoulder of the tire, this suggests that too much positive camber exists. This can happen from an improper alignment or potentially worn out or failing suspension components as well. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to take a look at your truck to determine what may be causing the abnormal tire wear.