Q: Why am I losing a half of a tank of gas in 24 hours?

I have had my fuel pump replaced twice in my car. Yesterday 12/08/2016 I had filled up my car between yesterday and today I have lost almost a half of a tank of gas. I also have a check engine light on and confirmed by 3 different mechanics that I have a bad thermostat. My am I losing a half of a tank of gas with-in a 24 hour time span?

This is a problem likely related to your fuel tank sending unit and is unrelated to the faulty thermostat. This is a small float type component inside your fuel tank that measures the level of the fuel inside the tank. As the fuel level drops, the float level changes and sends a signal to the car’s computer which then displays the reading on the fuel gauge in your dash. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your fuel sending unit.

3. Why am I losing a half of a tank of gas in 24 hours?